Thanks Michelle!!

When I decided to quit work in March, my co-workers were very excited for me.

state farm names_edited-1

They each expressed that they wish they could have stayed home at some point in their lives and were happy for me since I was lucky enough to be able to do it. While I was so scared of what I was about to embark on, they knew it would be a great experience, and so far it has been. One thing my co-worker Michelle suggested to me, was to have my mom watch the girls sometimes while I go work with my dad. If you don’t already know, my mom and dad own their own company (Southeast Gate Operators) and they are the only 2 that work there. I told my mom about Michelle’s suggestion that day and she thought it was a wonderful idea, so did my dad, and me! Every other Thursday, I bring the girls to my mom and I go to work – with my dad. It’s great!! It is the perfect little break and I get really excited to go pick the girls up.

I don’t know anything that’s really going on there, but I can take a really good message and I can stamp envelops like no other!! My mom tries to leave me something to do, like file stuff, make files for her, or stamp envelops, fax invoices…blah, blah, blah – stuff she doesn’t want to do. But I’m glad to do it, because I can do it when I want and I don’t have to stop and give someone a sippy cup, pull a little girls hair out their face, stop a fight, put down for naps and all the other stuff that distracts me from completing tasks all day long at home. I get to clean out my purse, that’s something that I never have a chance to do since having kids!! It’s really fun, believe it or not!! I have already mentioned how much I love my daddy and he is fun to work with. But he is a busy man. He takes a lot of phone calls and everyone that comes in needs to talk to him. I really just enjoy my “me” time while he is working.

Thanks Michelle!

state farm  michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Face Photo Contest

Louisiana "Snow" day and Fried Green Tomato BLT's

Marielle and her Nanny Ally