I've got a bitter taste in my mouth...

But, it's kinda SWEET...

So this is it. I'm almost to the end. My last day of work and the kids last day of daycare is this Friday. I have all kinds of mixed emotions about starting my new job, SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). As I have said previously, I never thought I would do this. I am nervous, excited, scared, worried, eager - all kinds of different stuff keeps running through my mind. I have been getting more excited than anything else the last few weeks.

I don't have any real plans for us and our first few weeks of home-life. Eventually, I would like to get out and do the zoo,the library, picnics and parks, but I'll probably stay close to home for the first week or two. I need to figure out our nap schedules and eating routines, then I'll start to venture out. Really, my first plan is the gym. They will watch your kids for 2 hours at a time and I hope to just start with like 30 minutes and I hope they do ok!! I am hoping that working out will keep me sane in my new life.

As for my job, I'm sad to leave. I'm sad to leave my friends. I've been here, at this job, for 5 years. These ladies that I work with have seen me through a lot. I got engaged while working here, married, vacationed, and had 2 kids in those 5 years. Once, when I tried to quit my job because I *thought* I had found something better, my boss asked me "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I said "hopefully with 2 kids, and maybe getting to work from home" (the job i had intereviewed for had flexibility to work from home) - funny how things turn out, huh? Not that i'll be working from home, but I do have those 2 kids I wanted!

I am so lucky to have found a place that I fit in, and where everyone gets along. It's hard to find a job where you like everyone at work, but I truly have that job. I like my boss and all my co-workers. It has helped that I have known my boss and another co-worker for years - like 20. Actually, my parents were friends with my boss and I went to school with another one of my co-workers kids. I babysat my boss' kids when I was like, 12. So, yes, I know my boss and her family pretty well. We go way back. I have said there is nothing like old friends. You can have some great new friends, but nothing compares to someone who has known you for years. Even though these lady's were really my parents friends, we have been around a long time.

So, that makes it hard to leave. That's probably why I've stayed for as long as I have, with kids. They thought I was crazy to come back to work after 1 baby. Then they thought I was really crazy to come back after 2. But I know what I have is REALLY hard to come by. I'm scared that when/if I decide to go back to work, I won't find a place I like as much as this place. My boss has been wonderful since I have decided to quit. She understands, and she has left it open for me to come back whenever I want (pretty-much). She knows I'm not really a "home-body" and if this SAHM thing doesn't suit me, she's ready to take me back. What a relief that is. Not everyone has that when they quit a job. I know I am lucky to have found this little desk at my State Farm office. I plan to do continuing education every year and keep up my insurance license, just in case...

So, please wish me luck and send prayers my way as I start my new job. It'll be an adjustment!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Face Photo Contest

Louisiana "Snow" day and Fried Green Tomato BLT's