2011 Race for the Cure in Houston

This past weekend, Jon and I went to Houston to run in the Race for the Cure. I had decided to run a few weeks ago and just last Thursday, I decided that I really wanted Jon to be there with me. I was worried the race, and being around so many people either with cancer or families that had a member pass because of cancer or survivors, would be really sad, on top of already having a good friend with cancer that I was running for. I know there were a lot of our friends there, but I just didn’t want to be by myself. At the last minute, my mom graciously offered to keep the girls so Jon could come with me. What would I do without my wonderful parents? I would probably do absolutely nothing because I wouldn’t get a break from these kids very often.

Anyway, Jaime had tons of support this weekend with her team – PARTY ROCKERS FOR JAIME’S KNOCKERS. Jaime’s boyfriend said he counted 80 people in this picture all wearing our team gray party rockers shirts.

IMG_5324

I know she has to be proud of all that support. It was so awesome to see so many people I didn’t know wearing the same shirt as me, all to support Jaime and her continued fight against cancer. I blogged about it before, but in case you missed it, our theme was Party Rockers for Jaime’s Knockers, themed after this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8. Everyone dressed in 80’s fashion and totally rocked this race. Jaime’s brother Jon was Beatz and Rob Frye (who is as close to Jaime as a brother) was the shufflebot.

IMG_5328 

These guys were a sight to see and never broke character all day. Rob never took the shufflebot box off and Jon carried that jambox the entire 3.2 miles. They had to stop countless times for pictures with strangers that I’m sure were shared all over facebook.

Here are Jaime and her brothers, Jaime and her sister, and Jaime and her sister and brothers.

IMG_5288 IMG_5353IMG_5350

Here are other pictures from the race and a video from when the entire team crossed the starting line. (P.S. I stole most of these pictures off of facebook. I took a few with my phone, but I copied a bunch from all the posts on facebook. I’m not sure which pictures came from where, sorry about that!!)

IMG_5266 IMG_5284

IMG_5273 IMG_5300

 IMG_5267 IMG_5341IMG_5289 IMG_5291 

IMG_5298 IMG_5299 

IMG_5329

IMG_5302 IMG_5327 

IMG_5330 IMG_5333IMG_5335 IMG_5304

IMG_5338 IMG_5303

 IMG_5343 IMG_5344 IMG_5342 IMG_5278

IMG_5351

All in all, it was a great weekend. If you don’t know me, I am a crier. I can’t help myself. I cry easily that’s why I wanted Jon with me. I got choked up a few times during the race and when Jaime came across the finish line. There were so many people around, I couldn’t help but feel all the love and hope. I hope Jaime had fun and felt all the love too! Keep saying your prayers, she still needs them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Face Photo Contest

Louisiana "Snow" day and Fried Green Tomato BLT's